Mon Ami Cards in Portfolio
sizes: portfolio, 5"x7"; cards, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Cardstock: rust; black; cream
- Antique copper metal: mini brads, 12; loopy brads, eight; mini safety pin; mini heart charm
- Ribbon, 1/4": black; ivory
- Rubber stamps: Mon Ami - My Friend; Artful Mosaic; Patisserie; Harlequin; Postes Francaise; Carte Postale; Sometimes; Ordinary Life; Crackled Background
- Ink pads: Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress, Black Archival; ColorBox Black Pigment
- Rust Embossing Antiquities Powder
- Squeeze Personal Die-Cutting System and Mini Tags Die
- Inking supplies: non-stick craft sheet; Cut 'n Dry Foam; water spray bottle
- Heat tool
- Sanding block
- Distressing tool
- Tape: foam; red-lined double-sided, 1/2"
- 1. Cut pieces from cardstock as indicated; lightly label with pencil.
- 2. Distress rust and cream cardstock edges Vintage Photo; see Techniques.
- 3. Stamp cream panels per instructions. Adhere cream panels to slightly larger black panels.
- 4. Assemble and finish pieces.
- Portfolio Construction
- 1. Cut following from cardstock: black, 10"x10-1/2" (A) and 5"x7" (B); rust, 3-1/2"x10-1/2" (C).
- 2. Turn A to smooth side, 10" edges to left and right; score and fold bottom edge up 3".
- 3. Score A and C at 5" and 5-1/2" from one side to create spine; tear top edges of C and black flap. Ink torn edges Vintage Photo and hand-curl torn peaks slightly outward.
- 4. Use double-sided tape to adhere C to A along spine just above horizontal fold. Repeat to adhere flap to C spine; C should peak out behind flap.
- 5. Pierce four equally-spaced holes through all layers at flap edges; insert brads. Adhere B to back cover.
- Portfolio Cover
- 1. Cut following from cardstock: rust, 4-3/4"x6-3/4" (A); black, 2"x4-1/2" (B) and 4"x4-1/2" (C); cream, 1-3/4"x4-1/4" (D) and 3-3/4"x4-1/4" (E).
- 2. Stamp D black pigment "Mon Ami"; emboss. Stamp E black pigment "Artful Mosaic"; emboss.
- 3. Adhere layered blocks to A; wrap with ribbon. Tie and adhere bow to ribbon. Adhere A to cover.
- Patisserie Card
- 1. Cut following from cardstock: black, 4"x4-3/4" (A); cream, 3-3/4"x4-1/2" (B) and 4"x5-1/4" (C); rust, 4-1/4"x11" (D). Score and fold D card in half.
- 2. Stamp B black pigment "Patisserie"; emboss. Pierce four equally-spaced holes along sides of layered block. Touch loopy brad heads to pigment ink; emboss. Insert brads into holes.
- 3. Apply Vintage Photo to craft sheet, spritz, and drag ivory ribbon through; let dry. For each brad pair, center ribbon in right brad, pass behind A, and tie at left. Trim ribbon ends; distress with sanding block.
- 4. Adhere layered block to card front. Adhere C inside card.
- Love Poste Card
- 1. Cut following from cardstock: black, 2"x3-1/2" (A), 3-1/4" square (B), and 4"x5-1/4" (C); cream, 1-1/4"x3-3/4" (A), 3" square (B), and 3-3/4"x5" (C); rust, 5-1/2"x8-1/2" (D). Score and fold D card in half.
- 2. Use distressing tool on cream B edges. Stamp black pigment "Postes Francaise"; emboss. Mask stamp image; see Techniques. Overstamp black Archival "Carte Postale"; remove mask and heat set.
- 3. Stamp cream C Vintage Photo "Crackled Background"; heat set. Overstamp black pigment "Harlequin"; emboss.
- 4. Pierce four holes through cream B corners; insert mini brads. Adhere layered blocks together as shown. Wrap and knot ribbon around left side.
- 5. Punch small cream oval tag; ink edges Vintage Photo. Ink "Love" on "Ordinary Life" stamp black Archival; stamp tag. Safety pin tag and charm to ribbon knot. Float tag above surface; see Techniques.
- 6. For inside of card, layer A pieces and stamp black Archival "Sometimes"; heat set. Adhere to card.
by Robin Arroyave