Canvas Butterfly Sachet
- Prima Marketing, Inc. Donna Downey line: Birdcage and Flowers Screen-Printed Canvas sheets, 12”x12”; Frame & Butterfly iron-on
- Prima Marketing, Inc. embellishments: Papillon Butterflies, Dewdrop Orchard Mix flower
- Prima Marketing, Inc. bleached lace: Daisy Grid, Finespun Hem
- Fiberfill stuffing
scissors, ruler, pencil, iron, sewing needle, straight pins
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Scented oil
- Clear adhesive dots
- 1. Cut two 5-1/2” Birdcage canvas squares. Cut a 4-1/2” square from pale area of Flowers canvas.
- 2. Follow directions to fuse iron-on to front of small square.
- 3. Cut hem lace to fit each side of small square. Pin small square to center of a large square, sandwiching lace between layers as shown. Sew layers together along small square edges; remove pins.
- 4. Pin large squares right sides together and sew 1/4” seam along each side, leaving 2” opening at top. Do not catch lace points in stitching. Remove pins. Turn sachet right side out.
- 5. Scent small amounts of fiberfill with oil; firmly stuff sachet.
- 6. Cut 5” length of daisy lace for hanger; place ends inside opening. Turn canvas edges to inside and hand-sew opening closed, catching lace ends in stitching.
- 7. Adhere paper butterflies and flower to sachet.
- 1. Craftable canvas sheets can be sewn, stamped, painted, and folded just like paper.
by Daniela Dobson for Prima Marketing, Inc.