Tea Gift Cards with Burlap Envelopes
size: pink card, 4-1/2”x7”; blue card, 3-3/4”x6”
- Peat pots: round, 3”; square, 2”
- All Night Media Anna Griffin English Garden & Old Paris Palette papers: pink stripe; textured blue; solid green
- Vintage botanical paper flowers
- Corrugated brown paper
- White cardstock
- Natural burlap
- All Night Media Anna Griffin Decorative Impressions Silk Ribbon: Pink; Blue
- Clear Stamps by Rhonna Farrer: Big Swirls
- Black ink pad
- Circle punches: 1/16”; 2”
- Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint: Glorious Gold
- Craft knife
- Paper glue
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Scoring blade
- Craft knife
- Pink Card & Envelope
- 1. Cut 7”x9” rectangle from white cardstock. Score line down center and fold in half to make 4-1/2”x7” card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/4”x6-3/4” rectangle from pink paper; glue to card front.
- 3. Use computer to print message on green paper; trim to 5/8”x4-1/4” strip around words and glue to bottom of pink rectangle. Machine sew zigzag stitch around pink rectangle edges.
- 4. Cut cup shape from round peat pot to measure 1-1/2” across and top of cup approximately 2-1/2” across. Paint cup rim Glorious Gold.
- 5. Glue cup to card slightly to the right to leave space for handle. (Note: Bottom edge of cup should be even with top edge of green rectangle.)
- 6. Punch 2” circle from flower paper; glue to center of cup. Cut 3/16”x6” strip from corrugated paper (with ridges running widthwise). Bend strip into handle shape and glue to left side of cup. Stamp big swirl above cup.
- 7. Remove paper tag from teabag. Print name of tea on white cardstock; trim to 1-1/8” square. Punch 1/16” hole in top of square tag. Insert teabag string through hole in tag and knot. Place teabag in cup.
- 8. For envelope, cut 5-3/4”x17” rectangle from burlap. (Note: Burlap will be folded in half to make a 5-3/4”x8-1/2” envelope. Cut flower rectangle from paper and glue to center of one side of burlap rectangle. Fold burlap in half; machine sew zigzag stitch down sides to join. Use craft knife to cut 1/2”-long slits in top of envelope, 1-1/2” from sides.
- 9. Place card in envelope. Insert coordinating ribbon through slits and tie in front.
- Blue Card & Envelope
- 1. Cut 6”x7” rectangle from white cardstock. Score line down center and fold in half to make 3-3/4”x6” card.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2”x5-3/4” rectangle from blue paper; glue to card front.
- 3. Use computer to print message on green paper; trim to 5/8”x3-1/2” and glue to bottom of blue rectangle. Machine sew zigzag stitch around blue rectangle edges.
- 4. Cut cup shape from square peat pot, cutting bottom 1/8” from front edge with top of sizes approximately 1/4” from front side so there is room to insert teabag. Paint 1/4” rim on top and bottom of cup with Glorious Gold.
- 5. Follow steps five through nine from Pink Card & Envelope, making teacup handle 4-1/2” long, cutting 5”x15” rectangle from burlap for envelop, and cutting slits in envelop 1-1/4” in from sides.
by Mary Ayres