Penguin Pretzel Tin
- Recycled cookie tin
- Paintbrushes: flat, 3/4”, #2; angular, 1/4”, 3/8”; round, #2; liner; small scruffy; small stencil
- Natural sea sponge
- Matte sealer
- FolkArt Glass & Tile Medium (Plaid)
- Basecoat Stencils (The Creative Coach): BCS-186; BCS-127; BCS-125
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Grey Sky; Light French Blue; Light Buttermilk; Lamp Black; Terra Cotta; Rookwood Red; Camel; Light Avocado; Honey Brown; Russet; Black Plum; Celery Green
- Hot Shots Paint (DecoArt): Fiery Red
- 1. Tape off rims; apply Glass & Tile Medium. Let dry. Paint can Grey Sky. Sponge paint Light French Blue. Shade French Grey Blue.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern.
- 3. Stencil snowflakes and paint penguin face and belly Light Buttermilk. Paint head and body Lamp Black. Paint scarf, dry brush cheeks and stencil birds Rookwood Red. Highlight birds and scarf Fiery Red; shade Black Plum. Paint lines on scarf Celery Green and fringe Rookwood Red. Paint beaks and stencil birdhouse Camel; shade Honey Brown. Paint birdhouse roof and pole Terra Cotta. Highlight roof Honey Brown; shade roof and pole Russet. Paint checks on birdhouse Light Avocado. Paint holes on birdhouse and dot eyes Lamp Black. Highlight holes, penguin body and dot eyes and cheeks Light Buttermilk.
- 4. Use black fine-tip permanent marker to draw bird’s legs.
- 5. Apply sealer.
by Lydia Hays