In the Round Necklace
- Beadalon: 17" length of .018" satin copper beading wire; 16" length brown velour tubing
- Beadalon copper findings: six 2mm ball and star head pins; 10mm toggle clasp; two Wire Guardian findings; two 5mm round crimp covers; two #1 crimp beads
- Black Market Minerals: three brown 30mm shell loops
- Swarovski Elements Create Your Style with Crystallized: three light Colorado topaz 4mm crystal rounds; three smoked topaz 6mm crystal bicones; three light Colorado topaz 9x6mm top-drilled crystal teardrop
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Wire cutter
- Standard crimping tool
- Mighty crimping tool
- Beading awl (or tapestry needle)
- 1. Pass the beading wire through velour tubing.
- 2. Pass one end of beading wire through a crimp bead and one Wire Guardian finding. Slip half of clasp onto Wire Guardian before passing wire back through crimp bead.
- 3. Use standard crimping tool to crimp the crimp bead.
- 4. Place crimp cover over crimp bead and use mighty crimping tool to close it.
- 5. Repeat Steps 2-4 for the other end of necklace.
- 6. Use beading awl to press through rubber tubing in center of necklace.
- 7. Pass head pin through pilot hole, 4mm crystal, one end of shell bead, 6mm crystal, and other end of shell bead. Make wrapped loop.
- 8. Pass head pin through 9x6mm crystal and make wrapped loop. Attach loop to wrapped loop in Step 7.
- 9. Use beading awl to make two additional pilot holes 1" from each side of center dangle.
- 10. Repeat Steps 7-8 to make two additional dangles.
- 1. This pierced tubing technique opens a world of design possibilities. Try it with other dangles and charms for a completely different look.
by Katie Hacker for Beadalon