Halloween Graveyard Pop-Up
size: 4-3/4"x5-1/2" (closed)
- White cardstock
- Eerie Collection Reaper paper (BasicGrey)
- Vintage book page
- Sheer bright green ribbon
- Stamps: Tombstones (H176HK) (Stamps by Judith); All Night Media Posh Impressions Old Tree (550H21) (Plaid); Creepy Crawly Halloween (98303) (Inkadinkado); Ghouls Snag 'Em Stamps (Imaginisce); Happy Halloween (CL353) and Wood Finish background (Hero Arts)
- Ink pads: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed (Ranger); VersaFine pigment in Vintage Sepia, Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Memento dye in Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart (Tsukineko); StazOn Jet Black solvent (Tsukineko)
- COPIC markers (Imagination International): Grey C1; Grey C3; Grey C5
- Circle template, 3"
- Detail scissors
- Optional: Scoring board
- 1. Cut 5-1/2"x10-1/2" white cardstock panel. Score at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 4-1/4", 6" and 8" from one short end. With 1-1/4"-wide section serving as "front" of card, fan fold cardstock to create card base. Set aside.
- 2. Cut 5-1/2" long strips of patterned paper in following widths: 2"; 2-1/2"; 3". Tear 1/2"-wide strip from top long edge of each strip. Hold paper on work surface and tear toward yourself to expose paper core and create tattered-looking edge. Sponge torn edges with Pear Tart ink; set aside.
- 3. Cut two 1/4"x5-1/2" (fence rails) and six 1/4"x1-1/2" (fence posts) white cardstock strips. Tear top short end from each fence post. Stamp Vintage Sepia wood image on all fence pieces. Using photo as guide, assemble and glue fence pieces together.
- 4. On a sheet of white cardstock, stamp two Vintage Sepia trees and two Tuxedo Black gravestone images. Color gravestones with markers, shading bottom and sides with darker colors. Cut out shapes using detail scissors.
- 5. Stamp two Onyx Black ghosts on book page and two Jet Black ghosts on vellum. Cut out all ghosts and adhere vellum layers over text.
- 6. Cut 3" circle "moon" from white cardstock. Stamp Onyx Black sentiment and web. Sponge circle with Mustard Seed ink; sponge edges, from outside toward center, with Spiced Marmalade.
- 7. Adhere gravestones along top front edge of first "face" of card; trim as needed. Adhere fence to second face. Adhere bottom of moon to third face.
- 8. Adhere patterned paper strips to front faces of card, over cut-out stamp edges.
- 9. Adhere trees to last face of card, over top of patterned paper. Adhere ghosts behind fence and graveyard; place adhesive on front side of ghosts so card will still open.
- 10. Tie ribbon around first face of card.
by Sue Czosek