Hello Spring Card
Color and paper-piece a sunny greeting using fresh, fun products you’ll find in the online store at MarkerPOP.com.
- Cardstock: kraft, pink, X-Press It Bright White Blending Card Paper
- Echo Park Paper Co. Here & Now 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Craftkin Lemonade Baker’s Twine
paper trimmer, scoring tool, detail scissors, ruler, pencil
- Stamp sets: The Greeting Farm Miss Anya Night Out; Lawn Fawn Into the Woods, Critters on the Savanna, A Birdie Told Me, Milo’s ABCs
- Ink pads: light blue, light green, Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
- Markers: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Imagination Int’l. COPIC Sketch 0, BG07, BG05, BG02, C2, C0, E50, E51, E53, E35, E13, R20, RV14, RV13, RV11, Y35, Y23, Y15, Y11, Y000
- White gel pen
- Acrylic block
- Circle punch, 1-1/2”
- X-Press It Mask It Masking Film
- Adhesives: foam dots, Crafter’s Companion Adhesive Runner
- 1. Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” kraft side-fold card; set aside.
- 2. Cut 3-5/8”x4-7/8” panel from blending card. Using black ink, stamp Miss Anya as shown. Using “hello” from A Birdie Told Me set and letters from Milo’s ABCs set, stamp black sentiment.
- 3. Using COPIC markers and photos as guides, color image as follows: skin, E50, E51, E53, E13, R20 for cheeks; hair, E35, Y35, Y23, Y15, Y11, Y000; shoes, BG07, BG05, BG02.
- 4. Stamp Miss Anya image again onto masking film and cut out. Place mask over colored image. Stamp light blue Into the Woods clouds. Stamp light green Critters on the Savanna grass. Stamp black Blissful Botanicals flowers, using grass blades for stems. Remove mask.
- 5. Re-ink Miss Anya stamp and stamp onto floral paper. Detail cut dress sections and edge with black marker to hide white core. Adhere dress to main image.
- 6. Using COPIC markers and photos as guides, shade dress C2, C0, and 0. Color stamped flowers BG07, BG05, BG02, RV14, RV13, RV11, Y35, Y15, and Y11.
- 7. Punch circle from yellow paper for sun; shade edges Y35, Y15, Y11, and Y000. Adhere sun to top left corner of panel and trim edges even.
- 8. Cut 5”-wide green paper strip for grass, tall enough to reach Miss Anya’s shoes and bottom of grass blades. Position grass on stamped panel and replace mask over Miss Anya. Mark shoe placement very lightly with pencil and remove mask. Detail cut shoes from top edge of grass. Adhere grass strip to panel.
- 9. Cut 3-3/4”x5” pink cardstock panel. Mat stamped panel on pink; outline with white gel pen. Tie twine around base of panel; adhere panel to card using foam dots.
- 1. Look for helpful coloring tutorials on the MarkerPOP! blog at blog.markerpop.com.
by Kelli Cortes for MarkerPOP (blog.markerpop.com)