Elegant Ornament Card & Jewelry Set
sizes: card, 4-1/4”x5-1/2”; jewelry set, 4”x4-1/4”
- Cardstock: speckled natural; olive green; metallic red
- Holly Harlequin patterned (ProvoCraft)
- Shrink plastic sheet
- Gold jewelry findings: French wires, two; jump rings, two; pin back
- Red grosgrain ribbon
- Gold brad
- Stamps (DRS Designs): Pine Bough (K467); Glass Ornament K004
- Ink pads: Jet Black StazOn (Tsukineko); Garden Green (Stampin’ Up!)
- Assorted markers and colored pencils
- Gold gel pen
- Krylon 14kt Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Crystal Effects Dimensional Glaze (Stampin’ Up!)
- Craft punches: 1/16” hole; jumbo scalloped circle
- Needlenose pliers
- Sewing machine and off-white thread
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make natural top-fold card base. Cut slightly smaller green piece; adhere to card.
- 2. Cut smaller natural panel. Stamp green branch and black ornament. Color ribbon with gold gel pen and leaves/berries with markers.
- 3. Stamp black ornament again on red metallic and natural cardstock scrap; cut out red ornament and natural front leaves with ribbon. Adhere ornament to stamped panel; outline highlights with gel pen. Color leaves/berries/ribbon as before and adhere over top of ornament with adhesive dots.
- 4. Cut and adhere holly strip to top of stamped panel; sew around edges. Tie ribbon around panel and mat on red metallic cardstock.
- 5. Insert gold brad where ribbon meets branch; adhere panel to card.
- Earrings/Pin Set
- 1. Stamp black ornament three times on shrink plastic. Color with pencils and gel pen (ribbon); cut out. Punch hole in top of two images for earrings. Stamp three additional front leaves, color and cut out. Punch scalloped circle from shrink plastic.
- 2. Bake pieces as directed; let cool completely. Color plastic edges with Leafing Pen.
- 3. Use Crystal Effects to attach ornament without hole, and additional leaf, to scalloped circle; adhere pin back. Attach jump rings to French wires and to punched ornaments to create earrings.
- 4. Cut 4”x4-1/4” green cardstock piece and smaller natural piece. Stamp green branch on natural layer.
- 5. Repeat Card Step 4; adhere panel to card. Poke holes for earring wires and pin back; insert in card.
by Cathy Indelicato