Happy Halloween Card & Origami Treat Box
sizes: card, 5-1/2"x5-1/2"; box 1-5/16"x2-5/8"x2-5/8"
- Cardstock: Curious Iridescent Cryogen White (CutCardStock.com); Black Magic Collection Shazam ColorCore Cardstock (Core’dinations)
- Haunted Collection Ominous paper (Cosmo Cricket)
- Sheer black ribbon
- Mini wrapped candy bars, two
- Fright Night Clearly Swanky stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas)
- Ink pads: VersaFine Onyx Black pigment (Tsukineko); Powder Puff Mango Mai Tai chalk (Quick Quotes)
- Clear embossing powder
- Memories Mists spray inks (Stewart Superior): Vivid Orange; Diet Cola; Mango Lemonade
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser and Herringbone Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Punches: corner rounder (Fiskars); PaperShapers 2” scalloped circle (EK Success Brands); tag (McGill)
- Scotch Brand foam tape (3M)
- 1. Make black, top-fold card base. Place center of card front inside embossing folder and run through embossing machine. Sand embossing and all card edges to reveal colored core.
- 2. Cut paper to create two large, angled borders. Sand paper edges and adhere to card as shown.
- 3. Stamp tree on white cardstock; clear emboss image. If desired, color in face on tree with black marker to hide it; clear emboss ink. Trim image to size and round corners. Place image on protected surface and spray with orange mist; ink edges with chalk ink. Adhere to card.
- 4. Stamp and emboss owl and sentiment onto white cardstock scraps. Color owl with markers, cut out and adhere to tree with foam tape. Punch sentiment into scalloped circle and spray with mist; ink edges with chalk ink. Adhere sentiment to card.
- Treat Box
- 1. For easy step-by-step instructions to create the box, view the photo tutorial at origami-instructions.com/origami-box.html.
- 2. Cut 7-1/2” patterned paper square. Fold paper in half diagonally, unfold, and fold again in opposite direction, creating four triangles. Follow directions online to complete box.
- 3. Stamp and emboss candy mix image repeatedly onto white cardstock to create background effect. Punch two tag shapes from cardstock and color images with markers. Spritz tags with Vivid Orange spray ink; let dry.
- 4. Cut patterned paper strip to fit around each candy bar; overlap and adhere ends. Tie ribbon and tag around each bar.
by Linda Beeson