Just for You Bath Salts
- Recycled baby food jars with lids, three
- Bath Salts: Strawberry Champagne, Milk Honey White, Ocean Breeze Blue (Save-On-Crafts.com)
- Cardstock: green, pink, blue, kraft
- Small wooden scoops, three
- Ribbon: scraps, in coordinating colors
- Hemp cording
scissors, ruler, sponge scrap
- Hero Arts Small Sentiments Stamp: "just for you"
- Inkadinkado Stamps: Bird on Branch, Heart Stamp
- Marvy Uchida Clever Lever Super Jumbo Craft Punches: 2-1/2" Oval, 2" Scalloped Oval, 2-1/2" Scalloped Circle
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Palette Inkpad: Autumn Pastel (Burnt Umber)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Burnt Umber, Hauser Medium Green, Baby Blue, Petal Pink
- DecoArt Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Double-sided tape
- 1. Rinse clean, empty jars and lids in vinegar water to remove oils. Let dry thoroughly.
- 2. Use sponge scrap to dab sealer onto lids.
- 3. Use sponge scrap to apply Burnt Umber paint onto tops and outside rim of lids.
- 4. Use sponge scrap to dab one lid each with several coats of Hauser Medium Green, Baby Blue, and Petal Pink. Let dry thoroughly.
- 5. Punch three 2-1/2” ovals from kraft paper.
- 6. Punch one scalloped oval and one scalloped circle from each of the colored cardstock (green, blue, pink).
- 7. Use inkpad to ink the scalloped edges of each cutout.
- 8. Stamp the following: bird stamp onto green paper cutouts; "just for you" sentiment onto blue paper cutouts; heart stamp onto pink paper cutouts.
- 9. Using double-sided tape, attach scalloped circles on lids.
- 10. Adhere ribbon scrap around center of each jar. Use double-sided tape to glue smaller colored-paper ovals onto larger kraft paper ovals and center onto jar. Glue ovals on jar.
- 11. Tie coordinating-ribbon scrap on handles of wooden scoops.
- 12. Fill jars with bath salts. Screw lids on tightly.
- 13. Wrap hemp cording around neck of jar. Tie ribbon over hemp cording.
- 1. Fill narrow cardboard box or small crate with excelsior and nestle jars inside for a great way to present this gift!
by Meggan Maravich