Rosebud Votive Holder
- Small glass votive candle holders
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay: Navy Blue, Blush; Accents Silver
ruler, craft knife, stylus or needle tool
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Mini Metal Cutters Basic Shapes
- Acrylic roller
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- 1. Condition clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll Navy clay to 1/16” thickness. Cut enough leaf shapes to circle votive rim.
- 2. Press leaves around rim with point down, spacing evenly, about 1/8” apart.
- 3. Roll small 1/8” balls of Silver clay. Press on holder between two leaves, touching both. Add detail to leaves and dots as shown with stylus or needle tool.
- 4. Roll 1/4” balls of Blush clay. Roll longer and pinch to flatten into strip about 1” long. Beginning at one end, roll strip into rosebud. Smooth bottom edge and press firmly onto leaf. Repeat for all leaves.
- 5. Roll very thin snake of Silver clay to 1/16” thickness. Cut into 3/4”-7/8”-long segments. Add segment as stem by pressing at bottom of each rose and curling.
- 6. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake votive on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
by Patricia Kimle Designs for Polyform