Birthday Wishes Card
- Ivory card, 5”x7” (Royal & Langnickel)
- Birch Plywood*, 1/64”x6”x12”
- Cellfoam 88*, 3mmx11-1/2”x11-1/2”
- Styrene*: Gold Mirror; Silver Mirror; Blue
- Birthday Sentiments E-Z Rub-On Transfers (Royal & Langnickel)
- Confetti Fun Fur Yarn (Lion Brand Yarn), 1 yd.
- Streamers Rollagraph Standard Stamp Wheel (Clearsnap)
- Rollagraph Standard Handle (Clearsnap)
- Stamps (Hero Arts): Special Birthday; Three Presents; Birthday Cake; Birthday Wishes Border
- Ancient Page Foxglove Standard Ink Cartridge (Clearsnap)
- Ancient Page Coal Black dye ink pad (Clearsnap)
- Essentials Watercolor Pencils (Royal & Langnickel)
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Cadmium Red; Deep Periwinkle; Mint Julep Green; Pineapple; Soft Lilac
- Sizzix Die-Cutting Machine and Dies: Confetti; Candles; Gifts; Filmstrip
- Soft Grip Paintbrushes (Royal & Langnickel): #8 square shader; #2 filbert
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Card Front
- 1. Use black ink to stamp Birthday Wisher Border across top front of card.
- 2. Use die-cutting machine to cut filmstrip from foam sheet. Using filmstrip as guide, mark desired stamp placement on card front.
- 3. Stamp images in appropriate “windows.” Touch damp filbert brush to tips of watercolor pencils and apply color to images, using photo as guide. Let card dry completely.
- 4. Use shader brush to paint filmstrip Mint Julep Green; let dry. Thread yarn through holes and adhere filmstrip to card.
- Card Interior / Envelope
- 1. Use die-cutting machine to cut two confetti pieces and two candles from plywood. Cut large gift from blue styrene, small gift from silver styrene and bows from gold styrene. Adhere blue gift to bottom right corner of card.
- 2. Dip opposite corners of shader brush into Soft Lilac and Deep Periwinkle paints. “Slip slap” brush over candles, allowing both colors to show. Paint candle flames Pineapple; let dry. Dip one corner of wet brush into Cadmium Red and “float” color across bottom of each flame.
- 3. Paint confetti in same way as candles using Pineapple, Mint Julep Green and Soft Lilac; let dry.
- 4. Insert ink cartridge and Streamers wheel into handle; be sure ink cartridge is fully engaged. Keeping wheel flat on stamping surface, practice pulling or pushing technique on scrap paper.
- 5. Place open card on scrap paper. Begin and end off edges for best results, pulling or pushing stamp wheel from one side to the other. Stamp three sides of open card, masking stamped images with scrap paper to prevent overstamping. Stamp right over blue package in corner.
- 6. Stamp black Special Birthday sentiment inside card. Adhere candles, packages and bows as shown.
- 7. Stamp streamers along two sides of envelope; adhere confetti pieces. Apply rub-on sentiments to card and envelope.
by Debby Forshey-Choma for Midwest Products Co., Inc.