Winter Floral Heart Ornaments
size: approx. 4"
- Papier-mâché heart ornaments (available at Hobby Lobby), three
- White cardstock scraps
- FolkArt Acrylic Paints (Plaid): Wicker White; Real Red; Rose Pink; Baby Pink
- Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter (Hero Arts)
- Striped ribbon
- Silver Artistic Wire (Beadalon)
- Red curly tinsel
- Pink oval faceted beads, 12mm
- Photos of winter bulbs in bloom, 1-1/4"x1-3/4", three
- Glossy Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Antique Scissors (Creative Memories)
- Foam paintbrush
- Needle tool
- Computer and printer
- 1. Place blob of each acrylic paint color on paper plate. Drag brush through colors to barely combine them, then paint hearts using mixtures.
- 2. Print floral photos and name tags on white cardstock. Use antique scissors to trim edges of photos. (Note: Flower names were printed in Wordart for curved appearance.)
- 3. Adhere photos and name tags using Mod Podge, apply an additional coat over tops of photos, then sprinkle heart with glitter. Let dry.
- 4. Use needle tool to poke holes on both sides of hearts. Thread one end of wire through heart, then string beads onto opposite end and twist ends around each other to secure.
- 5. Adhere red curly tinsel around outside edges of hearts.
- 6. Tie ribbon bows and adhere to hearts.
by Kathleen Paneitz