Watermelon wedges and a patriotic theme help transform an ordinary mailbox into a star-spangled greeting of summertime fun.
- Metal mailbox
- Wooden ball knobs, 1-1/2”, four
paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- The Stencilled Garden Stencils: Every Little Star (#832); Little Checks (#707); American Pie (#238); JF Seed Co. (#236)
- Paintbrushes: stencil; foam; wash, 1-1/2”
- Embossing tool
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: White; Admiral Blue; Tomato Red; Hauser Light Green; Plantation Pine; Moon Yellow; Raw Umber; Black
- DecoArt Metal Primer
- Stencil adhesive
- 1. To stencil, use stencil adhesive to anchor stencil to surface. Tap brush tip in paint and swirl on paper towel to load evenly, using as little paint as possible. Swirl lightly on stencil, then swirl over cut openings.
- 1. Apply Metal Primer to mailbox. Basecoat front and middle White, and back Admiral Blue. Paint ball knobs Tomato Red.
- 2. Use photo as guide to stencil mailbox. (Note: Stencil white stars on back of mailbox.)
- 3. Adhere knobs to bottom of mailbox.
by Jennifer Ferguson