Chic Jewelry Box Ornaments
- Ready-to-Go! Blank Board Blocks (C&T Publishing), 2-1/4"
- Recycled chipboard
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Bahama Blue
- E-Z Rub-On Transfer (Royal): Valentine's Sentiments
- Patera findings (Nunn Design): Raised Tag Mini Square, 1/2"; Antique Silver items: Single Loop; Small Hammered Flat Cable Chain; Large Jump Rings, two
- Artistic Wire (Beadalon): Non-Tarnish Silver
- White satin ribbon, 1/2", 30" length
- Pearl trim, 12” length
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Flat Back Crystal, 8mm
- Paper trimmer and scoring blade
- Wire Nippers (Beadalon)
- Chain-nose Pliers (Beadalon)
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Use paper trimmer to cut a 4-1/2" square from recycled chipboard. Score all four edges at 1". Cut slits in one half of edge and bend on cut lines to create box lid. Glue box lid to chipboard block.
- 2. Basecoat box Bahama Blue. Glue pearl trim to sides of box, under lid as shown.
- 3. Cut two 12" lengths from ribbon. Wrap around box as shown, placing glue at bottom and sides to secure. Tie remaining ribbon into bow and glue to top of box.
- 4. Apply rub-on transfer to side of box, over ribbon.
- 5. Glue crystal to raised tag finding. Use wire nipper to cut 5" length from chain. Use chain-nose pliers to open jump rings. Attach one jump ring to hole in finding. Attach remaining end to chain center. Close jump ring to secure. Use remaining jump ring to attach ends of chain to box by inserting chain to ribbons on top of box. Close jump rings to secure. For hanger, use wire nippers to cut 6" length from wire. Insert one wire end under ribbon and twist ends together.
by Melony Bradley