Star Spangled Lantern
size: 7” tall
- Ball Wide Mouth Quart Jar without lid (Loew-Cornell)
- Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint (Krylon): Blue Ocean Breeze
- Stained Glass Sheer Color (Krylon): Blue
- Galvanized wire, 20-gauge
- White votive candle or battery-operated light nested in clear glass gems
- Star craft punch, 1”
- Masking paper
- Easy Tack (Krylon)
- Wire cutters
- 1. Punch 25-30 stars from masking paper. Spray back side of stars with Easy Tack. Adhere stars in a band around lower one-third of jar and several randomly on remaining areas.
- 2. Lightly spray paint jar Blue, then lower section of jar (below band of stars) Blue Ocean Breeze, letting some paint mist above band of stars. Let dry.
- 3. Carefully remove masked stars.
- 4. For hanger, wrap wire twice around thread of jar mouth, leaving 12” tail. Approximately 12” from jar rim, twist wire into loop, wrapping opposite wire end around jar mouth to secure, leaving 12” tail. Curl wire ends around pencil.
by Roxi Phillips for Krylon