Elegant Thank You Card
Celebrate the garden and your feathery friends and create this elegant thank you card. Die-cut tags add dimension and happy color. The banner of tags against the trendy chalkboard background is a layout sure to inspire many card designs.
- Penny Black Mix and Match Cardstock, assorted colors
- Blank white A2 card, 5-1/2”x4-1/4”
- Self-adhesive pearls
- May Arts Twine
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, scoring tool
- Penny Black Stamps: Garden Letter (40-277), Special Wishes (30-229)
- Die-cutting system and Penny Black Creative Dies Tagged (51-007)
- Large circle punch
- Acrylic block
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool with Foam Pad
- Ink pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs; Imagine Crafts Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, VersaFine Onyx Black
- ShinHan Art Touch Twin Markers, assorted colors
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft White Art GRIP Color Pencil
- Adhesive: double-sided tape, foam dots, Ranger Glossy Accents
- 1. Size is 5-1/2”x4-1/4.
- Elegant Thank You Card
- 1. Die cut banners and tags from cardstock using Penny Black Tagged.
- 2. Stamp large tag with Penny Black Garden Letter using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use photo as guide to color image.
- 3. Use foam blending tool to sponge edges of tags and banners using Brushed Corduroy and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks.
- 4. Punch circle and stamp with Penny Black Special Wishes sentiment using VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
- 5. Cut black Mix and Match cardstock slightly smaller than front of A2 notecard.
- 6. Draw lines around perimeter of black cardstock using ruler and white color pencil.
- 7. Using your fingertip, randomly add Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink to background to create chalkboard effect.
- 8. Add twine across top of black cardstock, adhering each end to back of black cardstock piece.
- 9. Adhere black cardstock to notecard.
- 10. Arrange banners and tags on card and adhere with foam dots.
- 11. Adhere twine bows using Glossy Accents. Add pearl to large tag.
- 12. Adhere sentiment using foam dots.
- 13. Using scissors, cut two small banners and adhere behind sentiment.
- 1. Stamp collage stamps, such as Penny Black Garden Letter (40-277) or Botanical Notes (40-276), onto tags for a quick and complete look. Don’t worry if image extends beyond edge of tag!
by Jill Foster for Penny Black Inc. (www.pennyblackinc.com)