Painted Tea Set
size: cup, 2-3/4” tall; teapot, 5-3/4” tall
- White ceramic tea set
- DecoArt Ultra Gloss Air-Dry Enamel Paints: True Blue; Baby Blue; Avocado; Yellow Green; Lemon Yellow; Cadmium Yellow
- Loew Cornell American Painter Paintbrushes: Filbert, Series 4500, #8; Shader, Series 4300, #4; Round, Series 4000, #1, #4
- Loew Cornell Graphite Transfer Paper
- 1. Wipe teapot with vinegar. Let dry. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer large flower to center front of teapot, making it left or right handed, using graphite paper.
- 2. Paint large flower petals Lemon Yellow. Brush Cadmium Yellow on petals close to center. Paint: tiny lines on flowers with True Blue; dots on ends to tiny lines inside petals with Baby Blue; dots in center of flowers and around edges of petals with Yellow Green.
- 3. Paint: small flower petals True Blue; dots on both ends of tiny petals Baby Blue; highlight lines on larger petals Baby Blue.
- 4. Paint small and large leaves Avocado; highlight lines in large leaves Yellow Green; stems coming from flowers and leaves True Blue.
- 5. Use shader to paint stripes coming from center of teapot lid out to edges with Yellow Green. Paint dots around knob on top of green stripes True Blue, dot on center top of knob True Blue.
- 6. Wipe teacups with vinegar, and transfer and paint small flower design in same way as teapot.
- 7. Let paint dry 24 hours. Bake teapot and teacups for 30 minutes at 325°F.
by Mary Ayres