Ivy Topiary Trio
- STYROFOAM brand foam* (Dow): Wreath, 1” thick, 10”; Cone, 12” tall; Ball, 5”; Blocks, 8”x4”x2”, two
- Artificial ivy or other vines, four bunches
- Green reindeer moss
- Tin containers, three
- Branches or dowels, three
- Low-temperature hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Floral pins
- Floral shears
- Serrated knife and candle
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. Hot glue reindeer moss to cover the wreath, ball and cone.
- 2. Trim ivy vines and wrap them around ball, cone and wreath. Secure them with floral pins.
- 3. Measure and cut three branches or dowels to approximately 12” long and secure them into bottom of ball with hot glue.
- 4. Rub candle across serrated knife edge for ease of cutting and trim pieces of blocks of STYROFOAM brand foam into small pieces and use them to fill containers. Use hot glue to secure cut pieces inside containers.
- 5. Push dowels or branches with ball into top of one container and secure with hot glue.
- 6. Position wreath on top of one of the containers and secure it with floral pins and hot glue. If needed, insert short branches or dowels into wreath and top of container.
- 7. Hot glue reindeer moss to exposed tops of containers.
by Diane Flowers for Dow Chemical Co.