Romantic Rose Hearts
- STYROFOAM brand foam* Hearts (Dow), 1-1/2” thick, 7-1/2”x8”, two
- Silk roses, 1-1/2”: red, 50; pink, 20
- Tags: 1”x3”, two; 2-1/2”x5”, two
- Vintage stickers of choice
- Red sheer flocked ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger): Vintage Photo; Tea Dye; Walnut Stain
- Floral pins
- Straight pins
- Floral shears
- Low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. Cover sides of hearts with the red sheer flocked ribbon. Trim ends of ribbons and use straight pins to secure ribbon to sides of hearts.
- 2. For hangers, cut two 20” lengths from ribbon and secure ends to tops of hearts with floral pins and hot glue.
- 3. Trim rose stems to 1” long and hot glue to hearts. Cover one heart with all red roses and use photo as placement guide of pink and red roses on remaining heart.
- 4. Rub inks across tags until they are completely covered with ink. Add extra ink to edges. Adhere stickers to tags as shown. Rub inks over stickers.
- 5. Cut two 10” lengths from raffia. Thread one length of raffia through each tag with smaller ones on top of larger ones and tie bows to secure.
- 6. Tie raffia bow streamers to red ribbon hangers so they hang on front of rose hearts. If streamers are not long enough, cut another length of raffia and use it to attach tags to ribbon hangers.
by Diane Flowers for Dow Chemical Co.