Violet Stardust Jewelry
sizes: earrings, 3-1/4”; bracelet, 6” length
- Violet crystal beads, 6mm, 11; 10mm, three
- Violet stardust beads, 8mm, six
- Violet freshwater pearls, eight
- Silver findings: daisy spacers, 4mm, 10; jump rings, 4mm, three; crimp tubes, 2mm, two; spacer beads, 4mm, four, 2.5mm, 10; ball headpins, 50mm, two, 40mm, three; eye pins, 50mm, two; Tibetan bead caps, eight; toggle clasp; chain, six links
- Beading wire
- Pliers: round-nose, flat-nose
- Wire cutters
- 1. Thread Tibetan bead cap, stardust bead, and small crystal onto 50mm headpin. Top with daisy spacer.
- 2. Make loop at top of headpin. Trim excess wire. Repeat for other earring.
- 3. For ear wires, take two eye pins and bend both around mandrel or something circular. Bend ends up with flat-nose pliers. Join ear wire to earring body using jump ring; close jump ring. Repeat for other earring.
- 1. Crimp one end of beading wire to one half of toggle clasp. Measure wrist to allow for correct length of beading wire.
- 2. Use photo as guide to thread beads on wire beginning with silver spacers, pearl, small crystal, daisy spacer, stardust bead, daisy spacer, small crystal, pearl, Tibetan bead cap, large crystal, Tibetan bead cap, pearl, small crystal. Repeat pattern as needed for desired length, ending with silver spacers.
- 3. Crimp other end to other half of toggle clasp. Fasten chain to toggle clasp using 4mm jump ring.
- 4. For charms, thread onto each 40mm headpin: large crystal with two bead caps; stardust bead with two daisy spacers; small violet crystal with silver spacer. Make loop at top of each headpin. Trim excess wire. Fasten charms to end of chain.
- 1. Use a bead board when laying out pattern for bracelet. In place of a mandrel, use a large marker when wrapping eye pins.
by Debbie von Grabler-Crozier