Stitched Mum Pendant
Stitched in the warm colors of fall, this vibrant mum pendant is the perfect way to celebrate the coming of autumn.
- Wichelt Imports 28-count Antique White Jobelan, 6”x6”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: colors listed on chart, 743, 970
- Coordinating backing fabric, 4”x4”
- Pres-On Mounting Boards, 2-1/8” circles: Foam, Flat
- Batting, 3”x3”
- Mill Hill Mocha Antique Glass Seed Beads (3024)
- Ribbonandbowsohmy.com Orange Organza Cord Necklace
- Oliviapearldesigns.com Glue-On Square Bail
Backstitch : 1 strand
Cross-stitch : 2 strands
Half Stitch : 2 strands
Quarter Stitch : 2 strands
scissors, pencil, ruler, neelde, q-snap or hoop (optional)
- Clear-drying fabric glue
- Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Size of stitched area: 1-7/8”x1-7/8”; size of finished design: 2-1/4”x2-1/4”; stitch count: 26 w x 26 h
- Stitched Mum Pendant
- 1. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric over two strands using two strands of floss.
- 2. Backstitch mum using one strand of (801) Coffee Brown-DK and leaves using one strand of (501) Blue Green-DK. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 3. Attach beads on center of mum using (801) Coffee Brown-DK. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 4. Measure and cut 2-1/8”-diameter circle from foam and flat mounting boards. Trim around stitched design using 2” border. Position batting on top of foam board. Ease design fabric to back side of board; adhere in place using fabric glue. Trim edges of design fabric if needed. Position square bail on top edge of boards, so square is sandwiched between boards. Adhere boards together using fabric glue. Let dry.
- 5. Trace around circle on backing fabric; cut out. Adhere backing fabric onto back of design using fabric glue. Let dry.
- 6. Twist 6-strands of (743) Yellow-MD and six strands of (970) Pumpkin-LT together, forming cording. Adhere cording around edges of design, covering glued seam. Cut ends. Let set overnight.
- 7. Attach square bail onto ribbon necklace.
by Jackie Hendricks