- DMC White Punch Needle Fabric, 10”x10”
- National Nonwovens Blended WoolFelt: White, 4-1/2”x6-3/8”; Pistachio Ice Cream, 4-3/4”x6-5/8”
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss: 210, 369, 519, 647, 703, 745, 726, 844, 962, 963, 989, 3326, 3716, 3747, 3761, 3825, Blanc
- DMC 704 Bright Chartreuse Pearl Cotton 5
- DMC Memory Thread: (6050) White, (6070) Light Green
- Lightweight cardboard, 4-1/2”x6-3/8”
flat paintbrush, scissors, ruler, transfer paper, pencil
- DMC Embroidery Scissors
- 3-strand punch needle and needle threader, interlocking hoop
- Clear quick-drying fabric glue
- 1. Print out full-size pattern. Transfer design onto center of punch needle fabric. Place in hoop and pull taught.
- 2. Following color guide, punch design in colors as indicated using three strands floss with punch needle set on low-loop setting. Trim excess threads from front and back side of stitched design.
- 3. With design still in hoop, brush thin layer of fabric glue over stitches on back of fabric. Let dry flat.
- 4. Remove design from hoop. Carefully cut out design leaving 1/16” border. Set aside.
- 5. Transfer word “spring” onto bottom of White felt. Backstitch letters using 704 Bright Chartreuse Pearl Cotton 5. Secure and clip loose ends on back side.
- 6. Adhere White felt onto cardboard, pressing fabric to assure felt is secured. Adhere mounted White felt onto center of Pistachio Ice Cream felt. Let dry flat.
- 7. Attach three 1-1/2” lengths of White Memory Thread on each side of bunny’s face for whiskers using Blanc embroidery floss. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 8. Center punch needle design onto layered felt; adhere design into place using fabric glue. Let dry flat.
- 9. For hanger, make hole in each corner at top of layered felt. Insert needle and one end of 14” length of Light Green Memory Thread into hole from back side. Pull Memory Thread through hole leaving 1-1/2” tail. Swirl tail to make tight spiral over hole. Adhere spiral into place; cut excess thread. Repeat for other side of hanger.
by Alice Okon for The DMC Corp.