Owls Treat Container
- Plastic 32 oz. yogurt container
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Baby Blue; French Vanilla; Honey Brown; Marigold; Antique White; Milk Chocolate; Snow White; Indian Turquoise; Country Red; Rookwood Red; Petal Pink; Foliage Green; Lamp Black
- Textured acrylic paper
- Coordinating ribbon, 6" lengths, two
- Grommets (optional), four
- Black fine-tip permanent marker
- Hole punch
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer design to acrylic paper.
- 2. Wet brush with water and brush over acrylic paper. Apply mix of equal parts Baby Blue and water to curved shape. Blot with paper towel to remove most of the color. Let dry.
- 3. Shade along outside of main pattern lines (owls and hearts) with side-load of Baby Blue. Paint left owl and eyelids French Vanilla, and right owl's tummy and wing French Vanilla. Shade Honey Brown. Paint right owl and eyelids Antique White. Base left owl's tummy and wing Antique White; shade Milk Chocolate. Paint beaks and feet Marigold, and eyes Snow White with Lamp Black pupils.
- 4. Details on tummies and wings are Indian Turquoise, Desert Turquoise and Snow White as shown.
- 5. Paint hearts with mix of equal parts Country Red with water. Shade hearts Rookwood Red, and highlight with mix of equal parts Petal Pink with water.
- 6. Use detail brush to pull straight lines away from owls to form a branch. Use small round brush to paint leaves Foliage Green. Let dry thoroughly.
- 7. Outline details with marker.
- 8. Cut out painted design. Wrap design around yogurt container and mark hole placement. Punch holes. (Note: Add grommets to holes, if desired.)
- 9. Thread ribbon through holes and tie bow. Fill container with bag of treats.
by Meggan Maravich