Cross-Stitch Reindeer Ornament
size: 7”x7” stitch count: 55 w x 59 h
- Sea Green 14-count Aida Cloth (DMC), 7”x7”
- Felt, 7”x7”: red; green
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on key (DMC)
- #4 Very Fine Braid in color listed on key (Kreinik)
- Red grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”, 12” length
- Gold star flat buttons, 3/4”, four
- Tapestry needle, #24 (DMC)
- Fusible adhesive
- Jewelry glue
- Pinking shears
- 1. To find center of Aida cloth, fold in half and in half again opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Use two strands floss or one strand braid to cross-stitch design in colors listed on keycode. Use one strand Black floss to backstitch design and make French knot.
- 3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply fusible adhesive to wrong side of Aida cloth. Use pinking shears to trim Aida cloth to four stitch from edge of stitching along both sides, top and bottom.
- 4. Adhere stitched design to center of green felt.
- 5. Apply fusible adhesive to wrong side of green felt. Use pinking shears to trim green felt, leaving 1/4” border. Fuse green felt to center of red felt. Use pinking shears to trim red felt, leaving 1/8” border.
- 6. For hanger, glue ribbon to top front corners of ornament. Glue gold button over cut ribbon ends and to bottom corners.
by Lois Winston for The DMC Corp.