Garden Party Jewelry
size necklace, 17-1/2” long; earrings, 1/2” long
- 19-strand .018 silver stringing wire (Beadalon), 24” lengths, two
- La Mode buttons (Lansing Bluementhal): flower two-hole: white pearlized, 3/8”; pink plastic, 1/2”; green square four-hole, 1/4”
- Beads: teardrop glass (Blue Moon Beads): green; blue; Crystalized (Swarovski), 4mm: pink round, crystal AB bicone; seed: pink; ivory pearl
- Ring and bar clasp (Blue Moon Beads)
- Crimp tubes
- Clear tape
- 19-strand .018 silver stringing wire (Beadalon), 6” lengths, two
- La Mode pink plastic flower two-hole buttons (Lansing Bluementhal)
- Beads: teardrop glass (Blue Moon Beads): green; blue; seed: ivory pearl
- Crimp tubes
- Silver earring findings, two
- Wire cutters; crimping tool
- 1. Note: Each strand is beaded from center out to prevent one wire end from being repeatedly pulled through button holes and stretching out of shape.
- 2. Thread one stringing wire through pink flower button hole, then let button fall to center of wire. String three pearl seed beads onto wire, then string wire end back through remaining buttonhole. (Note: Beads should rest in center of flower and cover holes.)
- 3. *From right side of wire, string the following: green teardrop; green button; pink crystal. Repeat procedure from Step 1 to add another beaded flower button approximately 2-1/2” from first*. Repeat from * twice to add two more bead sequences and two more pink flower buttons to right side of wire. End with a green teardrop bead, then apply tape to wire end.
- 4. *Working from left side of wire, string bead sequence in reverse: pink crystal; green button; green teardrop. Repeat process in Step 1 to add another beaded flower button approximately 2-1/2” from the first*. Repeat from * to add two more bead sequences and flower buttons to the left side of the wire. End with a pink crystal bead, then apply tape to wire end.
- 5. *Working with second wire, string one end through white flower bead, then let button fall to wire center. String three pink seed beads onto wire, then string end back through remaining buttonhole. Line up flower with center pink flower on first strand. Continue working with right side of wire, and string clear bicone onto end, then thread wire through hole in green button of first strand, then string blue glass teardrop bead*. Repeat from *to add three more white buttons all spaced 2-1/2” apart. End with clear bicone and apply tape to wire end.
- 6. *Working from left side of second wire, string bead sequence in reverse: blue teardrop, string through green button of first strand, clear bicone. Repeat process in Step 4 to add white beaded flower button 2-1/2” from first*. Repeat from * two times, ending with a blue teardrop bead. Tape wire end. (Note: The finished connected strands should each have a total of seven beaded flower buttons.
- 7. Bring both wires together and thread them through crimp tube 2” from last flower button. Loop one wire through one part of clasp, then back down through tube. Crimp tube twice and trim wire ends. (Note: If crimp tube is large enough to accommodate both wires, hook them both through the clasp and back down through crimp.) Repeat to attach remaining side of clasp to remaining wire ends.
- 1. String wire through one buttonhole. Let button slide down to wire center. String three seed beads onto either side of wire. Bring wire ends through remaining buttonhole, so they’re entering and exiting in opposite directions.
- 2. String teardrop onto each wire. Bring both wire ends up through crimp tube. Fold one wire back down through crimp tube to make small hanging loop at top. Crimp tube twice and trim wires. Hook earring finding through hanging loop. Repeat for remaining earring.
by Heidi Boyd