Burlap Baked Potato Bag
- Burlap, 9”x22”
- Cotton fabric, 9”x22”
- Off-white canvas or heavyweight cotton fabric scrap
- Black perle cotton, #8
- All Night Media Ransom rubber stamp alphabet (Plaid)
- Black permanent ink pad
- Warm & Natural needled cotton batting (The Warm Co.)
- Pinking shears
- Embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and white thread
- 1. For label, stamp “potato” on canvas; use pinking shears to trim to 2”x6-1/2” rectangle. Pin label lengthwise to burlap rectangle with left side of label 10-1/2” from left side of burlap rectangle and centered from top to bottom.
- 2. Use one strand of perle cotton to blanket stitch around label edges, going between indentations in pinked edge.
- 3. Place 9”x22” fabric and burlap rectangles together with right sides facing. Place batting rectangle on top of fabric/burlap rectangles. Sew along both 9” sides of rectangles, 3/8” from edges. Turn right side out.
- 4. Sew widthwise across rectangle 9” from left side and 3” from right side. (Note: Label will be centered in middle section.)
- 5. Fold seam 3” from side of rectangle over toward middle of burlap; pin. Fold seam 9” from side of rectangle over toward middle of burlap; pin. Sew 3/8” from raw edges on both sides of rectangle. Machine sew zigzag stitches over raw edges. Turn bag right side out.
by Mary Ayres