Chandelier Shadow Boxes
size: 10"x20" each
- Black shadow box frames, 10"x20", two
- Pearlescent Poster Sheets (Strathmore), 19"x25", two
- Simply Screen Silk Screen Stencil (Plaid): Chandelier
- FolkArt (Plaid): Enamels Colors: Pearl White Metallic; Licorice; Metallic Silver Sterling; Acrylic Paints: Metallic Pearl White; Metallic Sequin Black; Metallic Silver Sterling; Extreme Glitter: Hologram; Silver Fine Glitter
- Fine Glitter (Jones Tones): Silver; Rainbow Lites
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- 1. Follow manufacturer's product instructions unless otherwise indicated and use photo as guide throughout.
- 1. Remove glass from shadow box frames and clean front and back using a paper towel soaked with alcohol. (Note: Handle glass with paper towels after cleaning since the oils from fingers can prevent adhesion of glass paint.)
- 2. Cut two 10"x20" backgrounds from pearlescent poster sheets. (Note: Use cardboard insert from frame to trace outline of insert, otherwise, use straight edge or ruler).
- 1. Peel backing from screen and position stencil sticky side down on project.
- 2. Apply sufficient amounts of paint, as indicated in color combinations below, across top of screen and in other areas as needed. Quick Tip: Shake paints before use. You may be instructed below to apply a second coat using Extreme Glitter prior to removing stencil. Once stencil is removed, immediately apply fine glitter while paint is still wet. Choose any color combination and place chandeliers as desired.
- 3. Hold squeegee applicator (included with screen) at a 45 degree angle and, using a light even pressure, pull a thin coat of paint evenly across screen in a single downward motion. Continue until design is complete. Quick Tip: It is better to use a light touch and flood the screen in as few strokes as possible. Do not continue to scrape paint. Practice this techniqueprior to using it on design.
- 4. Immediately peel screen stencil off to reveal design.
- 5. After each application, clean screen and squeegee while paint is wet with mild soap and cold water. Adhesive will reactivate when dry.
- Background Color Combinations
- 1. Acrylics & Extreme Glitter paints
- 2. Pearl chandelier: First application Metallic Pearl White; Second application Hologram Extreme Glitter; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites glitter.
- 3. Black chandelier: Apply Metallic Sequin Black; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites glitter.
- 4. Silver Metallic chandelier: First application Metallic Silver Sterling; Second application Silver Extreme Glitter; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites and Silver glitter.
- 5. Silver glitter chandelier: Apply Hologram Extreme Glitter; Remove stencil; Apply Silver glitter.
- Glass Color Combinations
- 1. Enamels paints:
- 2. Pearl chandelier: Apply Pearl White; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites glitter.
- 3. Black chandelier: Apply Licorice; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites glitter.
- 4. Silver chandelier: Apply Metallic Silver Sterling; Remove stencil; Apply Rainbow Lites glitter.
by Angela Anderson for Plaid Enterprises