Vintage Buckle Box
- Reclaimed wooden cigar box
- Assorted tissue papers
- Patterned paper
- Assorted vintage buckles
- Glass knob
- Acrylic paints (to coordinate with tissue papers)
- Liquitex: Light Modeling Paste; Matte Medium
- Plastic stencils
- Flat paintbrush
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Painter's tape
- E6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive (Eclectic Products)
- 1. Gently sand cigar box and wipe dust.
- 2. Use Matte Medium to apply tissue papers to box. Tear and overlap tissue, creating a collage design. Completely cover all sides of box. Let dry.
- 3. Stencil designs on box with paints. Let dry.
- 4. Tape stencil to box and use scraper to apply modeling paste. Remove stencil and let dry. Repeat in several areas of box.
- 5. Mix one part water with two parts paint and apply to box. Repeat with other colors, if desired.
- 6. Glue buckles to front of box, and rhinestones to front of each buckle and to top center of box.
- 7. Cut a thin strip from patterned paper and adhere to top sides of box. Cut a 2" circle from patterned paper and adhere to top of box.
- 8. Drill hole through top of box and attach glass knob.
by Rebekah Meier