Love's Greatest Joy Card
- Cardstock: purple; light purple; olive green; cream
- Charmed Quotes Love Pack (Making Memories)
- Purple eyelets, two
- Green ribbon
- Magic Mesh: green; purple
- Stamps: Touch of Nature butterfly (Stampin’ Up!); Repousse Background (Plaid All Night Media); Fern (The Peddler’s Pack Stampworks); Script Background (Judi-Kins)
- Ink pads (Stampin’ Up!): Perfect Plum dye; Old Olive dye and pigment
- Crystal Effects Dimensional Glaze (Stampin’ Up!)
- Cosmetic wedge sponge
- Dimensional adhesive dots
- 1. Cut purple cardstock to 5-1/2”x8-1/2”; score and fold in half. With fold at top, stamp green pigment script on left side of card; let dry.
- 2. Cut 3”x4-1/4” green cardstock piece, stamp with green floral background, and tear left edge. Ink torn edge purple. Insert brads. Adhere to card as shown.
- 3. Cut thin strips of adhesive mesh, 4-1/4” long; adhere to card. Cut small slit through card fold, insert ribbon, and tie at front.
- 4. Cut 2-1/2”x3-1/2” cream cardstock piece. Stamp purple butterfly onto separate piece of cream cardstock and again near center top of cut piece on slight angle.
- 5. Using photo as guide, continue stamping butterfly three more times – without reinking – down toward bottom left corner. Sponge purple ink around edges.
- 6. Ink fern stamp green; stamp off several times onto scrap paper until very little color remains on stamp. Stamp butterfly panel edges. Matte panel on light purple cardstock and adhere to card. Adhere metal plaque.
- 7. Carefully cut out butterfly stamped in Step 4, omitting antennae. Lightly sponge green dye ink onto image edges. Apply dimensional glaze and let dry.
- 8. Gently bend wing tips backward for dimension. Adhere butterfly over stamped image using dimensional adhesive dots.
by Lisa Strahl