RSS: Pear Trio Card
- Cardstock: Apple Green, Rust (Bazzill Basics); light beige linen-texture; light green
- Water color paper, 120lb.
- Green brads, two
- Silver metal swirl clip
- Assorted coordinating ribbons
- Stamps: Old French Writing (Hero Arts); Pear (Stamp Studio); Tiny Buttons, Thin Lines (The Moon Rose Art Stamps)
- Ink pads: StazOn Jet Black, Timber Brown (Tsukineko); Craft Stampin’ Creamy Caramel pigment (Stampin’ Up!)
- Twinkling H2Os watercolor paints: Sunburst Yellow; Lemon Grass Green; Mustard Green; Terra Cotta Rose; Honey Amber; Oyster White
- Paintbrushes: small, fine-tipped round; fan (or old toothbrush)
- Cosmetic wedge sponge
- Tear Art Deckle Ruler (Plaid)
- Foam tape
- Royal Coat Dimensional Magic (Plaid)
- Post-it! notes (3M)
- 1. Cut beige cardstock to 5-1/2”x8-1/2”; score and fold in half, with fold at left.
- 2. Cut 4”x5-1/4” rust cardstock piece; adhere to card. Cut 3-3/4”x5-1/4” green cardstock piece; tear right edge.
- 3. Cut 3-1/2”x5” piece of watercolor paper. Stamp brown script lightly over paper to cover. Stamp single black pear at center and again on sticky note, stamping over adhesive-backed area. Cut out mask and adhere over pear image. See Fig. 1. Stamp two more pears on either side of first, re-inking each time.
- 4. Using fine-tipped brush and small amount of water, paint pears. Begin with Sunburst Yellow, then add some Lemon Grass Green for highlight. Add Mustard Green, then Terra Cotta Rose for brown highlight tone. Add Honey Amber for accent. Let dry. Add small Oyster White shine to center pear. Paint leaves Lemon Grass Green and highlight with Mustard Green.
- 5. Create two more pear masks and adhere to paper; see Fig. 2. Paint light wash of Honey Amber shading below pears and between them; to create a wash, add higher concentration of water to paint. Use fan brush or toothbrush to spatter paper with wash of same paint. Let dry completely.
- 6. Lightly ink small lines stamp with Creamy Caramel; randomly stamp edges of watercolor paper. Tear right edge of paper using deckle ruler so it is slightly smaller than green cardstock layer. Lightly sponge Timber Brown ink along torn edge. Adhere stamped paper to green cardstock. Insert brads in left corners.
- 7. Stamp Timber Brown small button image twice in right corner of pear panel. Cover buttons and pear leaves with dimensional glaze; let dry.
- 8. Tie ribbons onto metal clip; slide clip onto left edge of stamped panel. Adhere panel with foam tape.
by Nancy Souza