Remember Card Keeper
- Manila envelopes, 6”x9”, nine
- Lightweight cardboard, two sheets
- Stamps: Santos Doll (Invoke Arts); Wooden Ruler Design (Postmodern Design); Remember (Stampa Rosa); Artista Quad Cube (Stampendous); Exiled Occasion Phrases (LaPluma)
- Black ink pads (Ranger): Archival Jet Black; Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Brights ink pads (Ranger): Clover; Pool; Watermelon; Sunshine Yellow; Sunset Orange; Mountain Rose; Citrus
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Earthtones ink pads (Ranger): Butterscotch; Terra Cotta; Latte; Cranberry; Raisin; Stonewashed
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Lights Salmon ink pad (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Cut-n-Dry Foam (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Cut-n-Dry Pen Nibs (Ranger)
- Stippling brushes, one per color family
- Sizzix Die-Cutting Machine and Originals Triangle Tab Die (Ellison)
- RubiCoil Binding System and 22mm coils (Akiles)
- 1. Prepare envelopes for binding. Cut two 5-7/8”x8-7/8” pieces from cardboard and insert into two envelopes for front and back covers; seal envelopes. Stack covers with seams to inside and flaps closest to binding edge. Insert six envelopes between covers, seam side down and flaps opposite binding edge. Punch binding holes; punching before stamping eliminates potential for crooked binding.
- 2. Using photo as guide, stamp and mask front cover images with Jet Black Archival ink as follows: Santos Doll; Wooden Ruler Design; Remember (don’t mask). Lightly stamp Artista splatter over unmasked areas with same ink.
- 3. Stipple Brights inks over exposed background as desired; remove ruler mask.
- 4. Use small pieces cut from foam to apply Earthtones Butterscotch and Terra Cotta to ruler. Remove doll mask and apply same inks in same way to doll’s skirt.
- 5. Using nibs, apply Earthtones Latte to doll’s bodice and Lights Salmon to face and hands. Use nib to highlight face, lips, and skirt with Brights Mountain Rose.
- 6. For back cover and inner pages, lightly stamp Artista splatter over pages and stipple with Brights and Earthtones in same way as front cover. Use foam to ink all envelope edges Black Soot.
- 7. Open last envelope along seam. Stamp and ink envelope in same way as book pages. Die cut six triangle tabs from envelope. Use foam to ink inside and outside tab edges Black Soot.
- 8. Turn envelope scraps over and stipple with Earthtones Butterscotch and Terra Cotta. Stamp six Jet Black Exiled Occasion Phrases on scraps, stamping each phrase twice. Cut out stamped phrases, adhere back to back, and adhere inside triangle tabs. Adhere tabs to inner pages as shown.
- 9. Thread binding coils through holes. Note: In choosing a binding system or coil size, be sure to allow enough space for filled envelopes.
by Lynn Roberts