A Little Birdie Told Me Card
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): White Prismatic; Blush Red Dark
- Merriment double-sided patterned (Fancy Pants Designs)
- Light blue grosgrain ribbon, 1/2”
- Light blue acrylic gems
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Singing Swirly Bird; A Little Birdie Told Me; Tulle Backgrounder
- Ink pads (Clearsnap): ColorBox Blue Lagoon Fluid Chalk; Ancient Page Coal Black Dye
- Prismacolor colored pencils (Sanford)
- Gem-Tac Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Cut white cardstock to 8”x9”; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 3-3/4”x8-3/4” red cardstock piece; set aside.
- 3. Cut 2-1/2”x3-1/2” white cardstock piece; stamp blue tulle background onto card stock. Adhere to top of red panel, leaving 1/8” border.
- 4. Cut 3-1/2”x7” floral paper piece; adhere to bottom of red panel, overlapping edge of top piece. Tie ribbon around panel, over paper seam. Adhere panel to card.
- 5. Stamp black bird onto blue side of floral paper. Stamp blue sentiment below bird. Color image with pencils, layering shades to create visual depth; apply lighter colors first, followed by deeper shades at edges.
- 6. Cut out image and matte on red cardstock, leaving 3/8” border. Adhere to card. Use embellishing glue to adhere three gems to lower right corner of card.
by Tami Mayberry