Road to a Friend's Card
project size: 4-1/4”x5-1/2”
- Card stock (Stampin’ Up!®): Natural Ivory; Old Olive; Barely Banana.
- Wild Daisy patterned (Heidi Grace Designs).
- Calla Lily Craft Seam Binding, 1/2” (Martha Stewart Crafts).
- Old Olive brads (Stampin’ Up!®), two.
- Stamps: Down on the Farm set (Gina K Designs); Road to a Friend (A Muse Artstamps); Weave Background (Cornish Heritage Farms).
- Ink pads: Timber Brown StazOn® (Tsukineko); Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Dye Pads (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Stampin’ Write Markers (Stampin’ Up!®): Old Olive; Certainly Celery; Creamy Caramel; Close to Cocoa; Chocolate Chip; Summer Sun.
- Craft punches: 2-1/2” scalloped circle (Uchida); daisy border (Martha Stewart Crafts).
- While gel pen.
- Paper piercer.
- Small sponge.
- 1. Cut ivory card stock to 5-1/2”x8-1/2”; score and fold in half. Stamp Creamy Caramel weave background onto card front. Sponge edges with same ink; see “Techniques.”
- 2. Cut 4”x4-1/4” green card stock piece; punch daisy border at bottom edge.
- 3. Cut 3-3/4” square from daisy paper; adhere to punched card stock. Tie seam binding around panels.
- 4. Color word “friend” on sentiment stamp using Old Olive marker; stamp onto yellow card stock. Cut word into small tab as shown and attach to layered papers with brads. Adhere papers to card.
- 5. Color entire sentiment using marker, breathe on ink to moisten, then stamp center bottom of card.
- 6. Stamp Timber Brown wheelbarrow onto ivory card stock; punch out with scalloped circle. Use photo as guide to color image with markers. Draw grass under wheel.
- 7. Sponge motif edges with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip inks; see “Techniques.” Pierce hole border around motif. Adhere to card.
by Lauren Meader