Black and White Birthday Trio
- Card stock: white; black; pink; red.
- Black/white dot patterned.
- Hottie Sassy Sequins flowers with brads (Queen & Co.).
- Sheer ribbon: white/black dot; pink organdy.
- Little Bits™ Happy Birthday stamp set (Lizzie Anne Designs).
- Ink pads: Jet Black StazOn (Tsukineko); VersaMark(Tsukineko); Real Red, YoYo Yellow and Only Orange Classic Stampin’ Dye Pads (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Blender pen.
- Pastel chalks.
- Craft punches: 13/8” oval; 2” square; 2-1/2” scalloped square.
- Scallop-edge scissors.
- Paper piercer.
- Dimensional adhesive dots.
- 1. Cut black card stock to 4-1/4”x11”; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 4”x5-1/4” white card stock piece. Use watermark ink to stamp several cake images onto upper half of card stock, re-inking each time. Apply pastel chalks to wet ink.
- 3. Cut 2-1/4”x4” dot paper strip and adhere to stamped card stock. Tie ribbon around layered papers. Stamp black “Celebrate” at lower right. Adhere papers to card.
- 4. Stamp black cake on white card stock; cut out and matte on pink card stock, leaving 1/8” border. Use blender pen and chalks to color image. Adhere cake block to card with adhesive dots.
- Happy Birthday
- 1. Cut white card stock to 4-1/2”x9-1/4”; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 3”x4” white card stock piece; stamp black dot flowers. Adhere to upper half of card, leaving 1/4” border.
- 3. Cut 3-3/4”x4” black card stock piece. Using photo as guide, punch oval from lower right corner. Wrap polka dot ribbon around top of card stock, adhering ends at back. Adhere to card. Stamp black “Happy Birthday” (with brackets) inside oval.
- 4. Stamp black cake on white card stock; punch out with 2” square. Punch 2-1/2” black scalloped square. Adhere layers together and to card.
- 5. Pierce hole border around entire card front. Connect holes with black pen to create faux stitching.
- The More Candles
- 1. Cut white card stock to 4”x8-1/2”; score and fold in half. Use scallop scissors to trim 1/4” from bottom edge of card, cutting through both layers.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2”x4” black card stock piece. Cut 3/4”x4” white card stock strip and adhere to black piece.
- 3. Stamp black cake on white card stock; punch out with 2” square. Punch 2-1/2” red scalloped square. Adhere layers together and to card stock panel. Use blender pen and dye inks to watercolor image; see “Techniques.”
- 4. Insert brads through sequin flower centers and attach to black card stock panel as shown; adhere panel to card.
- 5. Stamp black sentiment at lower right.
- 6. Pierce double row of holes along top of card front; connect holes with black pen to create faux cross-stitching.
by Lindsey Botkin