Groovy Girl Alexa Card
project size: 4-1/4”x5-1/2”
- Card stock: Shimmery White, Close to Cocoa (Stampin’ Up!®); Feldspar (Martha Stewart Crafts™).
- Hippie Chic patterned (SEI).
- Hippie Chic Rub-ons (SEI).
- Hodgepodge Hardware Brushed Silver fastener and brads (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Green Ice Rhinestone Brad (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Pink paper flowers, two.
- Pale pink taffeta ribbon.
- Stamps: Alexa’s Set (Missy B Designs); Groovy Day sentiment (A Muse Artstamps).
- Ink pads: Brilliance Graphite Black pigment (Tsukineko); Classic Stampin’ Close to Cocoa dye (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Copic Ciao markers (Imagination International).
- Key tag punch (Stampin’ Up!®).
- Dimensional adhesive dots.
- 1. Cut brown card stock to 5-1/2”x8-1/2”; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 3”x5-1/4” circle paper piece; adhere to card, leaving 1/8” border around three sides. Apply flower border rub on along top edge.
- 3. Attach metal fastener to left side of card with brad as shown. Tie ribbon to clip and attach opposite end to right side of card with brad; trim excess.
- 4. Stamp Alexa in Graphite Black on white card stock. Using photo as guide, color image with markers. Matte on blue card stock. Adhere image to card on angle.
- 5. Stamp brown sentiment on white card stock; trace “groovy” letters with markers. Punch out sentiment into key tag. Color edge with marker. Adhere tag to card using adhesive dots.
- 6. Layer two flowers together and insert jewel brad through center. Adhere flower to card.
by Lauren Meader