Beaded Monogram Frame
- Reclaimed wooden frame, 11"x17"
- Poultry netting to fit back of frame
- Stainless Steel Wire (Beadalon), 20-gauge
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements White Crystals, 6mm, 15
- Freshwater pearls, 15
- Silver beads, 6mm, 15
- Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint (Krylon): Black (satin)
- Large jeweled brad
- Gold tulle scraps
- Light-duty staple gun and staples
- Wire Nippers (Beadalon)
- Round-nose Pliers (Beadalon)
- Wire cutters
- 1. Spray paint frame black. Roll out poultry netting. Use wire cutters to cut piece large enough to be stapled to back of frame. Staple netting to back of frame. Use round-nose pliers to coil sharp edges inward.
- 2. Cut 12" length from stainless steel wire. Use pliers to bend one end. String beads in alternating pattern on unbent end until wire is covered. Shape into desired letter by bending gently. Cut excess wire and use for other parts of letter, stringing with beads in same way as above, if needed.
- 3. Cut two 2" lengths from stainless steel wire. Use round-nose pliers and wire lengths to secure letter to front of poultry netting.
- 4. Cut two 4" lengths from tulle. Wrap around desired end of letter and knot in front. Attach brad to tulle.
by Melony Bradley