New Addition Baby Card
Use Whimsy Shapeology metal crafting dies to create stencils for your projects. A step-by-step tutorial shows how easy it is to transform a die cut into a beautifully stenciled design on your craft project.
- Cardstock: white, scrap for stencil
- Sweet Shoppe Designs Flowers After The Rain: Patterns Digital Paper Pack
- Small pink flower buttons, four
- Want2Scrap Say It With Bling Pink Self Adhesive Pearls, four
- Pink satin ribbon, 12-inch length
computer with color printer, sponge dauber, ruler, paper trimmer
- Whimsy Stamps Raindrop Echo Designs New Beginnings Sentiments Digital Stamp
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Die Cutting and Embossing Machine with Embossing Mat
- Dies: Whimsy Stamps Shapeology Swirly Balloon Border; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 18
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Spun Sugar Ink Pad
- Adhesives: craft adhesive, adhesive foam squares
- 1. Create white cardstock card base measuring 4-1/4”x5-1/2”.
- 2. Using Cuttlebug, die cut Swirly Balloon Border “stencil” from cardstock scrap. (see photos)
- 3. Cut 2”x10” panel of white cardstock. This size will be long enough to make two strips for the card front at once.
- 4. Lay die cut border stencil on cardstock strip. Holding firmly, sponge ink around die cut until color is even. (see photos)
- 5. Carefully lift and move border stencil along strip, matching shapes to continue stenciling one seamless line. (see photos)
- 6. Trim stenciled strip to two 4-1/4” lengths. Keeping design in center, trim to desired depth. Adhere strips to top and bottom of card front.
- 7. Print New Beginnings sentiment onto white cardstock. Using Cuttlebug, die cut and emboss sentiment with Labels 18.
- 8. Holding embossing frame around sentiment firmly, lightly sponge ink around frame edges. (see photos)
- 9. Remove frame from die cut to reveal inked border around sentiment. (see photos)
- 10. Cut 4-1/4” wide panel of pink butterfly paper to fill gap between stenciled strips on card front; adhere.
- 11. Adhere ribbon to card front over paper seams. Adhere sentiment panel to card front with foam squares.
- 12. Adhere buttons and pearls to card front. (see photos)
by Shannah Bartle for Whimsy Stamps (www.whimsystamps.com)