Scaredy Cat Card and Vintage Treat
sizes: card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; pencil pouch, 2"x8"; treat bag topper, 2"x5-1/4"
- Blackbird cardstock (Bazzill Basics Paper)
- Superstition Collection papers (Dream Street Papers): Spine Tingler; Quoth the Raven; Scaredy Cat; Seven Years Bad Luck
- Superstition Collection Die-Cut Stickers (Dream Street Papers)
- Waxed jute
- Black/white polka dot ribbon
- Orange button
- Halloween pencils (Target)
- Filled kitchen zipper bag, 4"x5"
- Spooky Cemetery stamp (Hampton Art)
- Ink pads: StazOn Jet Black (Tsukineko); ColorBox Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Inkpad (Clearsnap)
- Sponge dauber
- Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter with Basic Shapes cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Punches: 1/8" hole; corner rounder; Scallop Border (Stampin' Up!)
- Sewing machine with black thread
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Make black card base. Cut 2-1/4"x5-1/4" strips from striped and scroll papers; ink edges Chestnut Roan. Adhere strips to card front, slightly overlapping at center, leaving narrow black border all around.
- 2. Cut 2"x4" black cardstock strip, border punch both long edges and adhere to card just below center.
- 3. Tie ribbon around card front, hiding paper seam. Tie button to bow using waxed jute.
- 4. Cut 1-3/4"x4" cream paper strip; stamp black cemetery image at center. Sponge Chestnut Roan ink around edges of strip and adhere to card.
- 5. Adhere chipboard sticker sentiment to card.
- Pencil Pouch
- 1. Cut 2"x8" diamond paper strip; use punch to round top corners. Cut 2"x6" cat/diamond paper strip. Cut 2" piece from cat-stripe paper and adhere to larger cat piece.
- 2. Machine sew layers together along sides and bottom, leaving top open.
- 3. Die cut 1-1/2" scalloped circle from black cardstock; adhere chipboard sticker to center. Punch tiny hole at top of circle and tie to pouch with twine. Insert two pencils.
- Treat Bag
- 1. Cut 4"x5-1/4" scroll paper piece. Border punch one long edge; fold in half. Ink edges Chestnut Roan.
- 2. Cut 5-1/4" piece from cat strip at bottom of Seven Years paper; adhere across center of bag topper.
- 3. Place topper over plastic bag, making sure top of bag is flush with fold. Punch hole on each side through paper and bag. Punch hole in chipboard sticker. Thread twine through holes and tie through tag.
by Melanie Douthit