Cable Knit Cell Phone Holder
- Red Heart Soft Yarn: Leaf
- Button, 1/2”
approx = approximately
beg = begin(ning)
C4B = Slip next 2 sts on to a cable needle and hold to back of work; k2, k2 from cable needle
dec = decrease(s)
k = knit
p = purl
pat(s) = pattern(s)
rem = remaining
rep = repeat
st(s) = stitches
yo = yarn over
- Knitting needles, size 8
- Yarn needle
- Cable needle
- 1. 18 sts = 4”; 26 rows = 4”
- What To Do
- 1. CO 16.
- 2. Row 1 (Wrong Side): [K1, p1] twice, k2, pf, k2, [p1, k1] twice.
- 3. Row 2 (Right Side): [K1, p1] twice, p2, k4, p2, [p1, k1] twice.
- 4. Rep Rows 1 & 2 once more, then repeat Row 1.
- 5. Row 6: [k1, p1] twice, p2, C4B, p2, [p1, k1] twice.
- 6. Rep Rows 1-6 until piece measure approx 10” from beg; ending with a WS row.
- 7. Next Row: Keeping continuity of pat, dec 1 st at each end of row — 14 sts.
- 8. Work until piece measures 2-1/2” from first dec; ending with a WS row.
- 9. Dec 1 st each end of next 2 rows — 10 sts. Bind off in pat.
- 10. With right sides together, fold cast on edge up to first dec, sew sides together.
- 11. Strap: Cast on 3 sts.
- 12. Row 1: k1, p1, k1.
- 13. Sew end of strap without buttonhole to side of cover. Sew button to other side of cover. Weave in ends.
by Julie Farmer for Coats & Clark, Inc.