Shabby Chic Roses Jewelry Set
- Sculpey III Polymer Clay (Polyform Products): White; Moss Green
- Patera Findings (Nunn Designs): Raised Tag Mini Square, 1/2”; Antique Silver Single Loops, four; Antique Silver Small Hammered Flat Cable Chain
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements, 6mm, approximately 22 each: Vintage Rose; Crystal
- Freshwater pearl beads, 6mm, six
- Silver Findings (Beadalon): Jump Rings, 6mm, 20; Flat Headpins, 1”, 10; Small E-Z Lobster Clasp; Ball and Spring Silver Ear Wires, two
- Artistic Wire Non-Tarnish Silver (Beadalon), 24-gauge
- Flat-back buttons, 1/2”, three
- Recycled book page
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Light Buttermilk; Raw Umber; Metallics Shimmering Silver
- Small rose-themed vintage images
- Studio by Sculpey (Polyform Products): Super Slicer; 8” Acrylic Roller
- Clay molds: leaf; flower
- Sealant (Nunn Designs)
- Duraclear Varnish (DecoArt)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Pliers: chain-nose; round-nose
- Circle punch, 1/2”
- Wire cutters
- Paper sander
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition 1/4 package of White clay. Roll clay out to 1/8” thickness. Use slicer to cut 1/2”x4” clay strip. Starting at one end, roll into rose shape by shaping into a tight coil that gradually becomes more open like a rose. Use slicer to cut off back of rose to make back flat. Repeat four more times to a total of five roses. Condition Moss Green clay, pinch off a pea-sized piece and press into leaf mold and remove. Repeat four times for a total of five leaves. Use toothpick to pierce small hole in one edge of rose. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake rose and leaf shapes on parchment-lined baking sheet. When cured, remove from oven and let cool.
- 2. Use toothpick to apply Raw Umber to edges of rose. Let dry. Dry brush roses Shimmering Silver and leaves Light Buttermilk. Apply varnish to leaves and roses. Glue leaves to back of roses.
- 3. Trim small vintage rose images to 3/8” squares. Use sealant to apply images to raised tag findings.
- 4. Punch 1/2” circle from recycled book page. Use sealant to apply to flat-back button, over button holes. Cut 6” wire lengths. Thread wire through button hole, through paper, and wrap into hole and top of button to make charm.
- 5. Thread Vintage Rose bead onto head pin, followed by Crystal, Vintage Rose and freshwater pearl. Use wire cutters to cut off tip of head pin. Use round-nose pliers to create loop at end of head pin.
- 6. Cut 8” length (or length to fit wrist) from chain. Use chain-nose pliers to attach button charms, three rose charms, various beaded head pins and findings with images to chain with jump rings, alternating pieces.
- 7. Attach remaining jump ring to end of bracelet. Attach lobster clap to remaining bracelet end.
- 8. Attach jump rings to remaining rose charms; attach ear wires to jump rings.
by Melony Bradley