RSS: Cornish Heritage Farms Blazes a Trail
size: shade, about 4" tall
- Patterned: CK Margo Vintage Vine Glitter (K & Company); Blush Sweetie (Basic Grey)
- Cardstock-weight vellum
- Sage green rick rack, 1/8".
- Clear Dew Drops gems (www.ellenhutson.com)
- Adhesive Gem Stickers
- Thomas Kinkade Series Make a Wish Cottage stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- StazOn Timber Brown ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Copic Markers (Imagination International): Yellow Green (YG03); Pea Green (YG63); Olive (G99); Lipstick Red (R29); Cardinal (59); Ice Ocean (BG72); Abyss Green (BG75); Africano (E27); Baby Blue (B21); Brick Beige (E31); Napoli Yellow (Y19); Violet (V09); Coll Gray I (C1); Colorless Blender (0); Yellow Ochre (YR23); Prune (BV02); Blue Violet (BV08)
- Wizard Die-Cutting Machine and Nestabilities Classic Oval Dies, plain and scallop (Spellbinders)
- Mini Scallop Paper Edgers (Fiskars)
- Redline double-sided adhesive tape, 1/4"
- Thomas Kinkade Series Foxglove Cottage stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms).
- 1. Trace pattern onto back of Vintage Vine paper; cut out. Trim lower edge with scallop scissors.
- 2. Stamp image ontovellum and color back side with markers, using photo as guide. Note: Copic markers should not be used directly on top of StazOn ink; color image from back to preserve detail and provide subtle color effect when lit.
- 3. Position stamped vellum within oval die (A) to determine desired image area; run through die-cutting machine. Using an oval die one size smaller (B), cut oval from center of lampshade.
- 4. Using scallped oval die same size as oval die A, cut matte from blush Sweetie paper. Use oval die B to cut oval from center of pink matte so it's same size as opening in lampshade.
- 5. Apply thin line of glue to inside of lampshade around opening; carefully position vellum oval over glue. Let dry completely.
- 6. Turn flat lampshade over and apply thin line of glue around opening; carefully position scalloped matte over glue. Let dry completely. when dry, embellish matte with gems. Glue rick rack around top and bottom edges of shade; let dry.
- 7. Apply double-sided tape along one end of lampshade on patterned side, peel away liner; and fold edges around to meet at back. Place finished shade on wide glass with tea light candle inside. Note: never leave a burning candle unattended.
by Debbie Olson for Cornish Heritage Farms