Spring Delight Card
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla; Kraft
- Patterned: India Sea; Elysium
- Life’s Journey brad
- Linen thread
- Martini flower
- Olive Stitched ribbon
- Rubber stamps: Touch of Nature; Delight in Life
- Ink pads: Chocolate Chip Craft Stampin’ Pigment; Classic Stampin’ Dye: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Marigold Morning
- 1. Cut cardstock to 5”x10”; score and fold in half. Cut 4-1/2” square from blue paper, ink edges Chocolate Chip, and adhere to card. Cut 2-1/4”x4-1/2” strip from green paper; ink edges. With card fold at top, adhere green strip to card as shown.
- 2. Stamp Basic Black bird onto cream cardstock; use photo as guide to watercolor images (see “Techniques” section). Trim image block as shown, ink edges Chocolate Chip, and adhere to card. Stamp Chocolate Chip sentiment at lower left.
- 3. Stitch top left corner of stamped panel to card with linen thread. Tie two ribbon lengths around card front.
- 4. Insert brad through flower center and fold ends back; adhere to card using adhesive dot.
- 1. Use bird on branch image to embellish a log book for a birding friend.
- 2. Sentiment stamps are a great investment – ink individual words if that’s all you need, i.e. “delight” or “life.”
by Julia Stainton