French Quarter Frame
size: 6-1/2”x8-1/2” (for 4”x6” photo)
- Wooden frame, 6-1/2”x8-1/2”
- Fresh From the Vine double-sided patterned
- Framedangos Chipboard Scroll
- Sheer black ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide
- Cream silk flowers, two
- Silver gray buttons, two
- Green-head straight pin
- Date stamp
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads: Charcoal; Chestnut Roan
- Acrylic paints: black; green
- Mod Podge découpage medium
- 1. Paint frame green; let dry.
- 2. Trim patterned paper to fit frame. Follow découpage medium instructions to adhere paper to frame; let dry. Lightly sand edges and ink them Chestnut Roan; use dabber or sponge to apply ink.
- 3. Paint chipboard swirl black; let dry. Lightly ink edges Charcoal. Adhere to frame as shown.
- 4. Adhere flowers and buttons to frame. Cut 6” ribbon length and knot center; glue knot to frame.
- 5. Use Charcoal ink to date stamp scrap of patterned paper, reverse side, and cut into small tag shape. Pin tag to ribbon.
- 1. Unfinished wooden surfaces are great canvases for paper crafting; paint or ink edges for finished look.
- 2. Let frame style, color, and details inspire a card design this spring!
by Melanie Douthit