Glitter Garden Centerpiece
size: 15” tall
- Wooden items: flower pot; dowel rod, 3/16”
- Patterned paper, assorted
- Laser-cut chipboard flower shapes, seven
- Glitter, assorted colors
- Buttons, three
- Purple satin ribbon
- Xyron adhesive applicators: Xyron Adhesive Runner 2; Xyron 510
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads, assorted
- Cream acrylic paint
- 1. Paint pot cream; let dry. Trim paper to fit bottom and sides of pot; adhere using Adhesive Runner.
- 2. Cut dowel into five lengths for flower stems.
- 3. Run four chipboard flowers through 510 machine and adhere to back of patterned papers; trim excess. Ink flower edges and adhere buttons to centers of two largest flowers as shown.
- 4. Run three remaining flowers through machine. Generously sprinkle adhesive with glitter; tap off excess. Adhere smallest flower to center of outline flower; adhere another small flower to center of a paper-covered flower.
- 5. Using photo as guide, glue flowers to dowels; insert dowels into pot. Tie ribbon around planter.
- 1. Add pin backs to glitter flowers to create unique fashion or home décor accessories.
- 2. Use flowers to embellish gift bags, album pages, journal covers, cards, and more. You’ll love the look!
by Kim Moreno for Xyron