Bird's Nest Card
- Cardstock: Natural Vanilla; Bordering Blue
- Shenandoah patterned
- Silver eyelets, two
- Vanilla organdy ribbon
- Rubber stamps: Bird’s Nest; Thinking of You
- Classic Stampin’ Dye ink pads: Basic Black; Close to Cocoa; Pretty in Pink; Bordering Blue; Certainly Celery; Barely Banana
- Blender pen
- Pop-Up Glue Dots
- 1. Cut blue cardstock to 5-1/4”x10-1/2”; score and fold in half. Cut 5” patterned paper square and adhere to card. With fold at top, stamp black sentiment at lower right.
- 2. Stamp black nest onto cream cardstock; cut to 3-1/8”x3-3/4”. Use blender pen and ink to colorize image, using photo as guide. Mat image on blue cardstock and adhere to card with glue dots.
- 3. Insert eyelets; tie ribbon through eyelets, around card edge.
- 1. Create your own background paper by stamping nest image, or sentiment, repeatedly onto plain cardstock using one of the pastel inks.
- 2. Add more dimension to your creation – stamp and color a second image, cutting out butterfly and a few foreground flowers. Adhere cut-outs to first image with glue dots.
by Lindsey Botkin