Easter Tag Trio
sizes: 3-1/8” to 4-1/2” long
- White cardstock
- Patterned: Citrus (bunny), Chocolate Use ‘Em for Anything Papers (vintage); Bohemian sarapapers (dot)
- Silk flowers: Citrus; Chocolate
- Brad packs: Citrus; Chocolate
- Easter Brad Buddies metal embellishments
- Pink Flower Super-Sized Brads (dot)
- Bohemian Embellish-abilities Kit (dot)
- Cardmaker’s Ribbons: Citrus; Classic (dot)
- Ink pads: green (bunny); brown
- Acrylic paints (bunny): pink; white
- Templates: oval tag, 4-1/2”; labels
- Foam adhesive tape
- Computer and printer
- Easter Bunny Egg Tag
- 1. Print journaling onto lime textured paper with border. Trace oval tag over journaling; cut out and ink edges green.
- 2. Insert yellow brad through center of small orange flower. Cut and fold 4” sheer orange ribbon length into loop and adhere to top of tag with brad/flower.
- 3. Paint cheeks and inside of Brad Buddy bunny’s ears pink. Paint white front tooth. Let dry. Add details with black permanent marker.
- 4. Cut 1-3/8”x1-3/4” lime textured rectangle, ink edges green, and mat on orange textured paper. Secure bunny to paper with brads. Adhere to tag with foam tape.
- 5. Trace tag template onto white cardstock and cut out; adhere to back of decorated tag.
- Flower & Dot Tag
- 1. Cut 3-1/8” square from pink circles paper; trim top corners into tag shape. Ink edges brown.
- 2. Print journaling onto white cardstock and cut into tag shape; ink edges.
- 3. Glue Super Sized brad to bright blue paper and cut around flower; glue to top of large tag. Tuck smaller tag under flower edge and glue to secure.
- 4. Cut tiny strips of brown and blue paper and thread through two white buttons and one brown button. Adhere buttons to tag and large brad center with adhesive dots.
- 5. Cut and fold 6” brown grosgrain ribbon length into loop and adhere to top back of tag with clear tape. Glue tag to white cardstock and trim around edges.
- Vintage Bloom Tag
- 1. Use label template to trace desired shape onto dark brown patterned paper; cut out. Ink edges brown. Mat tag on white cardstock and trim around edges.
- 2. Print journaling onto tan textured paper and trace into smaller label shape; cut out and ink edges. Glue to tag, 3/4” from left edge.
- 3. Layer tan flower on brown flower. Cut and fold 2-1/2” sheer ivory ribbon length into loop and place under flowers with loop facing right. Attach flowers and ribbon to tag with brown brad.
- 4. Insert brown mini brads through tag at ends of smaller label.
- Laura’s Designer Tips
- 1. Add a unique look to bunny Brad Buddy by painting centers of ears, cheeks, and tooth with acrylic paint. Highlight bunny edges with permanent marker to enhance its features and give your Easter tag character.
- 2. Adding paper behind large flower brad accents top of tag with a blast of eye-catching color. Back tag with cardstock to hide ribbon ends and to make Easter tag sturdier for hanging.
- 3. Label shape of vintage Easter tag gives an old-fashioned feel and makes it the perfect embellishment for an adult’s basket of Easter treats.
by Laura Nicholas for Hot Off the Press