Glow-in-the-Dark Ghost Card
- Polyform Sculpey III Polymer Clay: Black, Granny Smith, Just Orange, Glow in the Dark
- K&Co. Kelly Panacci Halloween 12”x12” Specialty Paper Pad
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, plastic wrap, waxed paper
- Polyform Tools: Premo! Mini Metal Cutters Holiday, Sculpey Flexible Push Mold Alphabet, Sculpey Acrylic Roller or Clay Conditioning Machine
- Oven and parchment-lined baking sheet
- PrintWorks Collection Halloween Stamp (#E921)
- Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black Ink Pad
- Lime green craft chalk
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue
- 1. Wash hands. Cover work surface with waxed paper; do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Preheat oven to 275°F; test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Do not use microwave oven.
- 2. Knead each package of clay until soft and smooth, washing hands between colors, or follow manufacturer’s instructions to use Clay Conditioning Machine. Run clay through machine several times on widest setting; fold clay in half after each pass and insert folded edge into rollers first.
- 3. When clay is pliable, press small amounts of Just Orange clay into mold to form BOO letters. Place letters on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4. For ghosts, create 1/16”- to 1/8”-thick sheet of Glow in the Dark clay. Cover clay with sheet of plastic wrap and cut out nine ghosts through plastic wrap. Carefully remove plastic wrap. Create 1/32”-thick sheet of same clay; cut one ghost from sheet for inside card. Place ghosts on baking sheet; be sure shapes do not touch.
- 5. Roll 20 very small balls of Granny Smith clay; press two to each ghost for eyes. Roll 20 smaller balls of Black clay for pupils; press to eyes, slightly off-center, to give ghosts a more friendly look. Gently chalk bottom edge of each ghost green.
- 6. Bake clay shapes as directed; let cool completely.
- 7. Make 4”x5-3/8” side-fold card from green skull paper. Cut 4”x3/8” purple diamond paper strip, mat on black paper, and adhere to card.
- 8. Cut nine 1” orange paper squares and nine 3/4” black paper squares. Adhere to card front as shown. Adhere thicker ghosts and letters to card front with liquid glue; let dry.
- 9. Stamp black sentiment onto orange paper; trim to size and mat on purple diamond paper. Adhere sentiment inside card. Adhere thin ghost to sentiment with liquid glue; let dry.
- 1. Use a clay-dedicated cookie cutter to create larger ornament ghosts. Poke hole at top before baking, then thread onto clear fishing line for floating effect.
by Iris Weiss for Polyform Products