Clay Dove Napkin Rings
- Polyform Sculpey III White Oven-Bake Clay
cornstarch, paintbrush, pencil, cardstock
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Tool Starter Set, Copper Ceiling Texture Sheet, Work ‘n Bake Clay Mat
- Round cookie cutter, 1”
- Acrylic roller
- DecoArt Silver Spark Metallic Lustre Wax
- 1. Condition three segments of White clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll out on mat into 6” square with 1/2” thickness.
- 2. Dust Copper Ceiling texture sheet with cornstarch using paintbrush. Press texture sheet onto clay to create deep texture.
- 3. Print out pattern onto cardstock; cut out. Using knife from starter set, cut dove shape from textured clay. Cut out center using cookie cutter.
- 4. Bake dove on clay mat in oven following manufacturer’s instructions. Let cool.
- 5. Rub surface of dove with Silver Spark wax. Let set.
- 6. Follow Steps 1-5 to create additional napkin rings.
- 1. For an iridescent look, drybrush edges of napkin rings with pearlescent or metallic paint.
by Melony Miller Bradley