- Pink or black recycled sweaters
- WoolFelt (National Nonwovens): Copper; White; Cottage Red; Pink
- Elastic cording
- Silver Metallics Thread (Kreinik Manufacturing), 50m
- Silver or red seed beads
- Nymo Thread (Beadalon)
- Sizzlits Die (Sizzix): Cupcake #3
- BigShot die-cutting machine (Sizzix)
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Embroidery needle
- Big-Eye Beading Needle (Beadalon)
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Cut 3-1/2” portion of sleeve from sweater. Make vertical cut to create one long strip. Machine sew a casing for elastic cording along top long edge.
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse felt pieces to webbing with iron and pressing board. Place fused felt on die with paper side facing up, die cut shapes.
- 3. Use scissors to snip cupcake pieces apart and match with copper for bottom, pink or white for top, and red for cherry. Arrange and fuse pieces to sweater sleeve as shown.
- 4. Use beading needle and thread to sew seed beads to cupcake topper, bringing needle from front to back of sweater.
- 5. Use embroidery needle and metallic thread to backstitch edges of motifs, knotting and clipping thread at back of sweater.
- 6. Machine sew short edges back together, creating a cozy.
by Melony Bradley